Tuesday, November 4, 2008

EVE OF DEEPAVALI

EVE OF DEEPAVALI (26/10/2008)

Celebrating Deepavali this year was a little different for me. Perhaps, it’s because this is the very first time I’m celebrating it in my new house. New environment .. huh? I went back home on Thursday itself and the greatest thing of all, I have 11 days of holiday. How did 1 day became 11? Charm of ALL 10!! ..lol..

Well, I enjoyed the eve of Deepavali. Went to Klang@ Little India~ last minutes shopping..hmmm..And I had a doubt whether it was Thaipusam or Deepavali due to the crowd. It was 11.55 pm and I was sitting down at a stall opposite Mydin for a girl to draw henna on my hands..cost me RM 10 but I think it was worth it!

It was already 12.00 midnight(27/11/2008). I was lucky to be part of the celebration in Klang. Firecrackers everywhere..Beautiful!!

My mind : Firecrackers? In Malaysia? Illegal right? But this celebration took place in the
middle of the city..so..huh?
My heart : Shalini, please stop thinking and enjoy the celebration.. don’t even bother if’s
it’s legal or not .. It’s Deepavali gal!!

I followed my heart!! Opposing the phrase follow your mind but bring your heart along…

Hey Shal are you wearing a black T-shirt? That’s the sms that I received from a friend, Jonathan when I was busy searching for some flowers as decoration. I was like oh my God! Was he somewhere around here?? We sent many messages and called each other several times but ended up not meeting each other..so sad.. sob sob.. so near yet so far. Told you it was like Thaipusam. Bought some flowers. RM 50 flew away.

I went back home at 1.30 am. Couldn’t sleep.. It’s Deepavali!! I woke up at 6.00 am. Gotta pray and help my mum to cook. Was happy to see my henna.. Kinda red coz I slept with it the entire night!!

No comments: